This is my favorite new, incredibly versatile recipe. It makes a great side dish for a fresh salad dinner or lunch, is wonderful with eggs for breakfast and is a tasty snack all on it’s own, too! The seasoning is a delicious blend. I often experiment with adding turmeric, curry powder and cumin as well. Injoy!
3 medium zucchinis
8 pieces of bacon
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 Tbsp of oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. Cut the bacon in half, widthwise and place the bacon on a rimmed baking sheet, lined with foil.
3. Bake for 10 minutes. Don’t make too crispy, as it will be hard to wrap around zucchini
4. Meanwhile, peel the skin of the zucchini (optional) and trim the ends.
5. Cut the zucchini into pieces that are 1” thick and 11⁄2” long (it should yield 16 pieces of zucchini).
6. Add the zucchini to a large bowl with the garlic powder, chili powder, and oil.
Stir to coat.
7. Remove the bacon from the oven and drain the renderings.
8. Wrap one piece of bacon around each piece of zucchini and secure with a tooth- pick.
9. Place each piece of zucchini on the baking sheet and return to the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the zucchini is tender. Flip the zucchini halfway through so the bacon cooks evenly.
10. For crispier bacon, broil it for the last 3-5 minutes of baking (keep an eye on it).