I made these little treats for a good friend’s birthday potluck and they were a hit! Free of gluten, grains, dairy, soy, corn, sugar, etc. This is exactly the kind of dish I like to bring to special occasions with large groups of people whose dietary needs I’m unsure of. They are a wonderful finger food, tasty, and pack a great amount of protein and nutrients. Important for those events where alcohol may be consumed! Injoy!
1 lb ground pork (turkey or beef work great as well)
28 oz whole mushrooms
3 cups baby spinach, chopped
1 tsp dried sage
1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp pepper
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems.
3. Chop the stems and reserve for the filling.
4. Begin to brown the ground pork over medium-high heat.
5. After 5 minutes, add the chopped mushroom stems.
6. Season with spices and cook until the pork and mushrooms are cooked through.
7. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
8. Add Dijon mustard and stir to combine. Allow the filling to cool slightly.
9. Lightly oil and season the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
10. Add about 1 tsp of filling to each mushroom.
11. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked.